Barbara Goleman’s Athletic department offers 14 boys varsity sports and 12 varsity sports for girls. We have numerous district titles in girls softball, girls volleyball, boys soccer, bowling, and baseball. Individual state champions in wrestling, and regional champions and final four participants in baseball.
Barbara Goleman Senior High has great facilities such as a new track, new softball and baseball fields and a newly refinished gymnasium floor.
Our Girls’ Volleyball team leads the School in District Titles (97, 98, 99, 01, 02).
Barbara Goleman Sports List
- Cross Country
- Girls Flag Football
- Track & Field
- Water Polo
What’s Happening in Gator Athletics
- For students wishing to participate in athletics for the 2021-22 school year there is a New Pre-Participation Physical Exam Form. This form is available as of June 21, 2021 in the Main Office, from your prospective coaches, and on the school’s website.
- The Gator Athletics Student Athlete Information Packet Form FM 3439 Rev (6/21) will be available online by June 21, 2021. The information can be completed online and printed to present at the exam.
- The Pre-Participation Physical must be performed after June 20, 2020.
- Students will also be required to purchase M-DCPS required Student Athletic Accident Insurance, prior to the first day of practice relative to the sport that they will be participating in: Football Insurance, Non-Football Athletic Insurance. The student will only be able to purchase the insurance if they have turned in a valid physical form and are eligible for athletics.
- Pre-Participation Physicals: On October 4, 2021 starting 5 PM we will be hosting Free Pre-Participation Physical Exams for any student interested in athletics for the 2021-22 school year.
- The FREE Pre-Participation Physical Exams are by appointment only, the link to schedule an appointment is: SignUp Genius link coming soon.
- Please be advised that the physical must be notarized prior to the start of physicals.
- Barbara Goleman Senior High will be offering notarization of the Pre-Participation Physicals on 10/4/21 inside the flagpole doors for a $5.00 (cash) fee.
- All students attending the physical must dress appropriately in shorts, t-shirt, sneakers and glasses or contacts (if needed).
- Various sports are participating in Summer Conditioning. Interested students should contact the head coach.
- Summer conditioning requires a valid Pre-Participation Physical Form and the M-DCPS required Secondary Athletic Accident Insurance. All previous 2020-21 school year participating athletes have met this requirement. Any other student (including incoming ninth graders or transfer students) must complete the following physical Gator Athletics Student Athlete Information Packet Form FM 3439 (Rev 6/23/21). If you already printed the Physical packet, click here for the BGSH Covid Waiver (Rev 8/21/21). The previous year’s pre-participation physical is good until June 25, 2021 and the Secondary Athletic Accident Insurance is good until August 1, 2021.
- Gator Athletics is using DragonFly Max to enhance the athlete, team, coach, athletic trainer, athletic administration and parents’ communication. On a mobile device or computer, please go to the link DragonFlyMax enter our Team Code of: ZCAWH2. Make sure to enter the correct role for you (i.e. – Athlete or Parent).
- With DragonFlyMax athletes, parents, and coaches will receive real-time notifications about athlete injuries from the athletic trainer, as well as other important information from coaches and staff.
- In November 2013, Baptist Health South Florida launched a free EKG screening program for M-DCPS high school student-athletes. These screenings are available, by appointment, at five Baptist Diagnostics Centers. Each EKG will be read by a pediatric cardiologist and follow-up procedures will be advised when applicable. Help prevent sudden cardiac death, encourage your athletes to call 786-573-6000 and request an appointment today!
- If you are NEW to a sport and will be attending our Free Pre-Participation Exam, please inform the Coach of the sport by sending an email (which you can find on the Sport Page). If you are returning to a sport, please notify your coach that you will be attending our Free Pre-Participation Exam.
The Student Athlete Information Packet
The Student Athlete Information Packet is a PDF that can be filled in and printed. You can also pick one up from your coach or the Athletic Training Room, 9-125, after school. The Pre-Participation Physical must be performed after June 30th of the current school year, unless they are completed here at the school. All packets when completed with all signatures should only be turned in to the Athletic Training Room after school until 2:45PM and 24 hours prior to the students first practice.