Barbara Goleman’s Athletic department offers 14 boys varsity sports and 12 varsity sports for girls. We have numerous district titles in girls softball, girls volleyball, boys soccer, bowling, and baseball. Individual state champions in wrestling, and regional champions and final four participants in baseball.
Barbara Goleman Senior High has great facilities such as a new track, new softball and baseball fields and a newly refinished gymnasium floor.
Our Girls’ Volleyball team leads the School in District Titles (97, 98, 99, 01, 02).
Barbara Goleman Sports List
- Cross Country
- Girls Flag Football
- Track & Field
- Water Polo
What’s Happening in Gator Athletics
- For students wishing to participate in athletics for the 2020-21 school year there is a New Pre-Participation Physical Exam Form. This form is available as of August 28, 2019 in the Main Office, from your prospective coaches, and on the school’s website.
- The Pre-Participation Physical must be performed after June 9, 2020.
- Students will also be required to purchase M-DCPS required Student Athletic Accident Insurance, prior to the first day of practice relative to the sport that they will be participating in: Football Insurance, Non-Football Athletic Insurance. The student will only be able to purchase the insurance if they have turned in a valid physical form and are eligible for athletics.
- Pre-Participation Physicals: We will be hosting Free Pre-Participation Physicals for any student interested in athletics for the 2020-21 school year TBD. Please be advised that the physical must be notarized prior to the start of physicals.
- All students attending the physical must dress appropriately in shorts, t-shirt, sneakers and glasses or contacts (if needed).
- Please stay tuned to the school’s website and our social media pages for upcoming information.
The Student Athlete Information Packet
The Student Athlete Information Packet is a PDF that can be filled in and printed. You can also pick one up from your coach or the Athletic Training Room, 9-125, after school. The Pre-Participation Physical must be performed after June 30th of the current school year, unless they are completed here at the school. All packets when completed with all signatures should only be turned in to the Athletic Training Room after school until 2:45PM and 24 hours prior to the students first practice.