Designed to meet the growing finance and risk management industry, FinTech (Financial Technologies) Magnet provides students with concrete foundations in accounting, statistics, modeling, customer relationship management (CRM), and technology to prepare them for specialized careers in the financial sector. Students immerse themselves in projectbased learning by applying mathematics to business processes and software while gaining an understanding of fiscal controlling, human resources, supply and distribution management with the use of programs including MOS*, QuickBooks*, and SAP ERP.* FinTech students advance their learning in both theoretical knowledge and practical experience with multiple business applications.
Eligibility and Enrollment Requirements
- Admission is interest-based only.
- No teacher recommendation/prerequisites will be required.
- The application period for the upcoming school year is open from October 1st until January 15th.
In order to reach our student’s academic goals and prepare for future educational experiences, students enrolling in the Magnet program must comply with the following requirements and expectations to remain enrolled:
- All Magnet students must be enrolled as full-time students.
- Maintain school attendance per School Board Policy 5200, which states that a student may not accumulate more than ten (10) unexcused absences in an annual course or more than five (5) unexcused absences in a semester course.
- Violation of the Miami-Dade County Public Schools Code of Student Conduct may result in probation or possible immediate exit from the program.
- Excessive referrals and/or suspensions will result in a behavioral contract, probation, and possible exit at the end of the school year.
- Students who violate Level III, IV or V of the Code of Student Conduct or have been assigned to an alternative setting will not be allowed to return to the Magnet program.