School CEEB Code: 101191
Our office hours are 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Please make sure to email or call for an appointment to ensure the counselor will be available to meet with you. We are often in meetings, presentations or out in the building and we want to make sure we have dedicated time with you to address your needs.
Applying to College Timeline
- August – November: Applications for admission
- August – June: SAT/ACT testing
- December 1:
- Florida Financial Aid Application
- FFA (Bright Futures & all state programs)
- January: Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Feburary – April: Housing applications
- March – May: Decision & Award letters
Things to Remember when Applying for College
- Keep your grades up
- Keep a calendar with deadlines
- Sign up to take SAT/ACT and other required tests
- Send college applications and required documents on time
- Apply for as many scholarships as possible
- Apply for Financial Aid after December 1st for Florida aid (FFAA) and January 1st for federal aid (FAFSA)
- Keep photocopies
- READ, READ, READ!!!
Community service projects are planned, organized, and voluntary efforts designed to address a problem or need in the community. To be meaningful, community service projects must address a real need or problem found within the school or community. The community service project you choose to do should also reflect your personal interests and skills. In addition, worthwhile community service projects require an ongoing commitment on your part.
100 community service hours must be completed by December of your senior year. Community service hours must be documented on the community service log sheet found on the links below. Click on the file link at the bottom of this page to access the community service log sheet.